Information on limits in travelling to Poland from third countries
1. Limits for reliefs from customs and tax duties on value of goods brought by travellers in their personal luggage.
The importation of goods in the personal luggage of travellers arriving in the territory of the European Union from third countries is admitted free of customs and tax duties according to the following norms:
- in the case of air and sea travellers – up to a total value of EUR 430;
- in the case of other than air and sea travellers (e.g. land or rail transport) – up to a total value of EUR 300;
It should be noted that the above mentioned limits do not include the value of:
a) the personal luggage of a traveller which is imported temporarily or is re-imported following its temporary export;
b) medicinal products required for personal use of travellers;
c) in the case of any means of motor transport – the value of the fuel contained in the standard tank and quantity of fuel not exceeding 10 litres contained in a portable container;
d) tobacco and tobacco products, alcohol and alcoholic beverages brought by a traveller
over 17 years old.
2. Limits for reliefs from customs and tax duties on quantity for alcohol and alcoholic beverages and tobacco and tobacco products.
- Alcohol and alcohol beverages:
a) a total of 1 litre of alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength exceeding 22 % vol, or undenatured ethyl alcohol of 80 % vol and over;
b) a total of 2 litres of alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22 % vol.
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages.
The exemption may be applied to any combination of the types of alcohol and alcoholic beverage referred in points a) and b) provided that the aggregate of percentage used up from the individual allowances does not exceed 100 %.
In addition,reliefs from customs and tax duties are:
c) a total of 4 litres of still wine; and
d) a total of 16 litres of beer.
- Tobacco and tobacco products:
a) in the case of air and sea travellers:
1) 200 cigarettes or
2) 100 cigarillos (cigars of a maximum weight of three grams each) or
3) 50 cigars or
4) 250 g smoking tobacco
b) in the case of other than air and sea travellers(e.g. land or rail transport):
1) 40cigarettes or
2) 20 cigarillos (cigars of a maximum weight of three grams each) or
3) 10 cigars or
4) 50 g smoking tobacco
Each amount specified in points 1) to 4) shall represent 100 % of total allowance for tobacco products.
The exemption may be applied to any combination of tobacco products, provided that the aggregate of the percentages used up from the individual allowances does not exceed 100 %.